The Healthcare Digital Marketing Director lives at the intersection of tech and healthcare needs. You enthusiastically engage with our healthcare, pharma, and life science clients on a daily basis, eagerly solves tough problems, and juggles multiple projects with ease. You lead project teams in listening intently to our clients’ needs and the needs of patients, providers, payers, and others in the healthcare ecosystem. You use your digital marketing savvy to suggest and develop smart solutions and celebrate like the best of ‘em when a job’s well done. You know what digital marketing tactics will help our clients reach their business goals and you know which of our specialty teams to pull in at just the right time. You’re the sticky glue between our clients, email marketers, digital content gurus, web developers, designers, and videographers. You’re like the Ringleader in a four-ring circus and you’re not about to let a high-flyer down. In addition to knowing the ever-changing needs of patients, our ideal candidate will champion our clients’ business goals to help them achieve desired results and you’ll make them look like superheroes.
Here’s a snapshot (but not all of) your responsibilities:
- Support clients. Help our healthcare, pharma, and life science clients do more and do better. You are the main link between our team of film, marketing, and web specialists and those who have hired us for our expertise. Client service is second-nature for you.
- Strategize first. Suggest and develop healthcare strategies while supporting ideation, approval process, and implementation of strategic recommendations from other team members. You are responsible for developing strategies to help our healthcare clients succeed.
- Eat, drink and sleep . . . healthcare news and tech. This means that you’ll stay current with the latest trends and tools in healthcare marketing, including platforms related to marketing automation (specifically Hubspot and Salesforce), content management, social media, email service providers, analytics (specifically Google Analytics), project management tools (specifically Basecamp and Airtable) and Adobe suites.
- Maintain the pulse. Lead milestones and tasks of all projects (via project management tool Basecamp), including web development and other production resource allocations, capacity constraints, and efficiency improvements.
- Dig into the numbers. Know day-to-day status for all marketing projects, while leveraging data to inform decision making.
- Have a good eye. You know a smart marketing idea when you see it and know the best tools to recommend to clients to achieve campaign goals.
- Hit goals. Manage and contribute to the development of campaign assets needed to meet business goals.
- Stick to the budget. Not only are you wise with our client’s money, but you also know how to manage the scope of work and will aid in billing needs.
- Write "good." If you didn’t just cringe at that, this position probably ain’t for you. You’ll need strong professional writing, editing, and proofing abilities for multiple types of content, including blogs, infographics, videos, white papers, case studies, and more.
- Brew ideas. We prefer strong creative and communications skills, with an emphasis in writing, copy, and design. Get ready to brainstorm with the best of them.
- Focus on the audience. It’s all about people! Develop highly effective, targeted strategies for each unique healthcare audience leading to optimized client and prospect behaviors.
- Team leader. You know how to lead other team members and partner agencies, and they love you—or at least respect you.
- Self-starter. You know how to manage your schedule to hit near- and long-term deadlines.
- Hone your craft. Develop and track personal goals that are tied to overall company objectives—and keep your personal growth in mind.
- Manage your day. Oversee applicable day-to-day responsibilities, which may include:
- Daily management of all key projects with our project management and time tracking tools:
- Daily management of assigned marketing projects, including strategic development, presentations, execution, project tracking, and billing
- Daily recording of all time spent on projects
- Weekly tracking of key project status and overall project health as related to milestones, touchpoints, and budgets
- Participating in weekly team production meetings
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Preferred 6 years related experience in a healthcare marketing or marketing communications role
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Stellar budgeting and time management skills
- Passion for marketing, organization, communication and process efficiency
- Experience in healthcare marketing