The Designer creates dynamic visual content for our health insurance client and their audiences, combining proven practical design skills with a natural flair for visual storytelling. Working in a collaborative environment with other members of our creative, account, and administrative teams, they develop functional-yet-imaginative visuals that capture the essence of our health insurance client’s brand and effectively communicate their messages.
You’ll be expected to craft strategic and innovative design solutions in a variety of styles for a number of different marketing applications, all while building strong professional relationships with clients and internal team members alike.
Here's a snapshot (but not all) of your responsibilities:
- Designery design. You’re an artist at heart with a brain for branding and business, capable of creating strategically targeted and aesthetically compelling digital visuals for any kind of client, in any kind of industry, with any kind of audience.
- Collaborative collaboration. You’re an active participant in meetings, intuitive about taking instruction from creative and design directors, and a natural at working together with copywriters and other designers at all project stages.
- The medium is the message. You’ll need a versatile design skillset and the ability to create visual messaging for all of our project mediums, which include (but aren’t limited to): creating templates with editable fields and locked content in PDF's, Word, and PPT, visual strategy for branding and campaigns, logo design, page layouts, signage, RFP templates, email, presentations — as well as digital and social ads, and email.
- The details make the design. You’re a detail-oriented worker and a meticulous proofer, quasi-obsessed with the quality of your creative output.
- Taking care of business. You’re a pro at meeting milestones, keeping design projects on-track and on-budget, recording your time, and keeping all relevant teams informed about your progress.
- Communicative communication. You’ll often need to speak up and clearly explain your plans for pending design work, and you’ll be expected to engage professionally with external vendors on behalf of your assigned creative clients.
- Flexibility. Our client moves fast and often. You'll need to be able to quickly and easily respond to their needs as challenges arise.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in graphic design, visual communications, or a similar field of study.
- Three or more years of experience in an agency setting, or similar.
- Proven knowledge of:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Creating templates in Word
- Fluid in designing on Macs and PCs
- Web and user experience design
- Google Drive
- Bonus skills:
- Video editing
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Health Insurance Experience