The Paid Media Specialist produces paid digital marketing strategies, campaigns, and reports that are specifically tailored to meet client objectives. They will support multiple client assignments at once, collaborating with cross-functional team members from all service lines to deliver advertising projects for our brands. They’ve got to be an organized, data-driven, creative thinker with a knack for solving the seemingly unsolvable.
If that sounds like you — plus you’ve got some existing paid digital marketing experience and a desire to expand your skills — keep reading.
Note: This position is remote or can be based out of either our Indianapolis, IN or Tampa Bay, FL locations.
- Tactical, strategic planning. You’ll be responsible for developing campaign strategies and briefs that outline key objectives, audience targeting, digital and traditional advertising channel mix, messaging approach and more! These strategic documents are used for client approvals and guide every paid digital campaign we run for our clients.
- Implementing and managing campaigns in-platform. Once digital marketing plans have been finalized, you’ll be helping execute them across myriad digital advertising platforms. This will often include paid social media (such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), digital display (such as programmatic and D2P), SEM (through Google Ads and Google Display Network), pre-roll video (YouTube and CTV/OTT), and more!
- Developing creative content. While you don’t need to be a designer, you’ll be advising on and contributing written copy when necessary, and working with designers, developers, and the copywriting team throughout the content and campaign creative development process. As a paid media specialist, your creative recommendations should be founded in ad performance and industry best practices.
- Organizing, monitoring, and optimizing. You’ll be responsible for building out digital advertising spreadsheets and advertising matrices for a diverse mix of campaigns, and you’ll have to track project progress and campaign performance. Once implemented, it will also be your job to monitor performance mid-flight and provide relevant, apt optimization to improve performance!
- Tracking & reporting campaign performance. Advertising reporting is a critical function on the Marketing Service Line, as it guides creative and strategic recommendations moving into new campaigns. This work may include developing/monitoring attribution models, performing A/B tests, running tests in reporting software (i.e. Pattern89), and interpreting performance to make insights and recommendations.
- Serving clients. You should be able to provide exceptional, consultative customer service as a trusted client partner, while ensuring that project objectives are being met and timelines, budgets and scopes of work are being managed.
- Supporting digital team members. You should always be ready to provide assistance to content, strategy, creative, and development teams as they work to execute digital marketing plans. Teamwork makes the dream work they say.
- Contribute with a true marketer’s mindset. At TrendyMinds, we are a full service agency, you will need to approach client projects and challenges with the mindset of a marketer. That means finding creative solutions that can often employ the use of our different service lines like web, film, and creative. This also means that you’ll need a working knowledge of other functional marketing areas like search engine optimization (SEO), website analytics, organic social media, and more!
- Communicating, communicating… and communicating some more. This is the communication business, and you should thrive on interacting with everyone from clients to team members. The quality of our work depends on open communication in-person and over the phone, as well as through email, text, Slack, smoke signals and all other appropriate channels.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, digital communications, or a similar field.
- Proven work history with 2+ years in a paid media marketing-related position (digital required, but traditional advertising experience is encouraged!).
- Ability to create marketing strategies that include KPIs aligned to business goals, well-defined audience targeting, and a relevant channel mix needed to accomplish the outlined objectives.
- Experience implementing digital advertising in the applicable advertising channels (i.e. Facebook’s Ads Manager, Google Ads, Amazon Marketplace, and Programmatic Display).
- Experience implementing traditional advertising in the applicable advertising channels is encouraged (i.e. TV, radio, OOH, etc.)
- Experience reporting from social media, digital displays, and SEM channels (i.e. Sprout Social, Social Studio, HubSpot, Google Ads, etc.).
- Ability to create advertising reports that analyze performance against KPI benchmarks while also providing key insights and recommendations to improve future campaigns.
- Passion for building client relationships and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent communication abilities, including oral, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Experience with marketing tactics and tools for our service lines including film, marketing, and web.