Note: This position is remote or can be based out of either our Indianapolis, IN or Tampa Bay, FL locations.
The Healthcare Marketing Specialist manages the implementation and day-to-day project management process for assigned healthcare, pharma, and life sciences marketing projects. The ability to produce and track successful personalized action plans for each client in order to execute goals is imperative. Championing forward-thinking and competitive marketing practices, as well as building and maintaining strong, trusted relationships with clients and internal stakeholders/team members are key responsibilities of this role.
Our ideal candidate should be passionate about healthcare marketing and will assist with day-to-day, tactical implementation of marketing efforts. You’ll work with team members across our service lines, including Film, Marketing, and Web. In addition, you will lead projects that support our healthcare clients’ marketing efforts.
Here’s a snapshot (but not all of) your responsibilities:
- Manage expectations. You understand the importance of under-promising and over-delivering. And you're great at helping our clients achieve their goals without sacrificing the sleeping and eating habits of your team members.
- Strategize first. Develop strategies while supporting ideation, approval process, and implementation of strategic recommendations from other team members.
- Maintain the pulse. Lead milestones and tasks of all projects (via project management tool Basecamp), including production resource allocations, capacity constraints, and efficiency improvements.
- Dig into the numbers. Know day-to-day status for all healthcare marketing projects, while leveraging data to inform decision making.
- Have a good eye. You know a smart healthcare marketing idea when you see it and know the best tools to recommend to clients to achieve campaign goals.
- Hit goals. Manage and contribute to the development of campaign assets needed to meet business goals.
- Stick to the budget. Not only are you wise with our client’s money, but you also know how to manage the scope of work and will aid in billing needs.
- Write "good." If you didn’t just cringe at that, this position probably ain’t for you. You’ll need strong professional writing, editing, and proofing abilities for multiple types of content, including blogs, infographics, videos, white papers, case studies, and more.
- Brew ideas. We prefer strong creative and communications skills, with an emphasis on writing, copy, and design. Get ready to brainstorm with the best of them.
- Focus on the audience. It’s all about the people! Develop highly effective, targeted strategies for each unique audience leading to optimized client and prospect behaviors.
- Eat, drink and sleep . . . healthcare marketing news and tech. This means that you’ll stay current with the latest trends and tools in marketing, including platforms related to marketing automation (specifically Hubspot), content management, social media, email service providers, analytics (specifically Google Analytics), project management tools (specifically Basecamp and Airtable) and Adobe suites.
- Team player. You know how to work with other team members and partner agencies, and they love you—or at least like you.
- Self-starter. You know how to manage your schedule to hit near- and long-term deadlines.
- Hone your craft. Develop and track personal goals that are tied to overall company objectives—and keep your personal growth in mind.
- Manage your day. Oversee applicable day-to-day responsibilities, which may include:
- Daily management of assigned marketing projects, including strategic development, presentations, execution, project tracking, and billing
- Daily recording of all time spent on projects
- Weekly tracking of key project status and overall project health as related to milestones, touchpoints, and budgets
- Participating in weekly team production meetings
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Preferred 2 years related experience in a healthcare marketing or marketing communications role
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Stellar budgeting and time management skills
- Passion for healthcare, pharma, and life sciences
- Passion for marketing, organizing, communication, and process efficiency
- Proficient working knowledge within both Google Suite and Microsoft Office
The right fit is key to success:
Our clients are our top priority. As a Healthcare Marketing Specialist, you are an advocate for the client and an extension of their team. Therefore, their priorities are your priorities. What are some characteristics embodied by a Healthcare Marketing Specialist? If you possess the following, you may be just the right fit for the role.
- Clear and Concise - Communication is the name of the game. You are articulate and able to deliver information for seamless next steps both internal and external facing.
- Professional and Personable - You love meeting new people, and “stranger danger” is not a part of your vernacular.
- Positive and Proactive - Client relationship building is key for success. You don’t just deliver exceptional work, you deliver exceptional work enthusiastically.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment - Client needs can arise quickly, and you arise even quicker to provide a solution.
- Team player - You cheer on your teammates and root for the client's success as you know they go hand-in-hand.