We’re looking for a keen, detail-oriented Web Project Specialist to join our Web Project Team, serving both enterprise and mid-tier clients in our tech practice area. At TrendyMinds, the Web Project Team is responsible for the strategy, execution, and daily management of our web projects.
The Web Project Specialist manages the implementation and day-to-day operations for assigned web projects. The ability to produce and track successful personalized action plans for each client in order to execute goals is imperative. Championing forward-thinking and confidence, as well as building and maintaining strong, trusted relationships with clients and internal team members are key responsibilities of this role.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about our Web Service Line (WSL) specialty areas (information architecture, user experience, and development) and the products we create (websites, landing pages, apps, and more).
Here's a snapshot (but not all) of your responsibilities:
- Manage expectations. You understand the importance of under-promising and over-delivering. And you’re great at helping our clients achieve their goals without sacrificing the sleeping and eating habits of your team members.
- Maintain the pulse. Lead milestones and tasks of assigned web projects (via our project management tools), including production resource allocations, capacity constraints, and efficiency improvements.
- Strategize first. Develop and utilize project strategies, timelines, and technical requirements to meet the business objectives of clients while also considering industry standards and best practices.
- Get in the weeds. You understand how our web products function, or at least enough to be dangerous, and use this understanding to ask current and prospective clients questions in order to successfully plan, scope, and outline our approach for web projects.
- Stick to the budget. Not only are you wise with our client’s money, but you also know how to manage the scope of work and discuss the status of the project scope at key milestones with your internal team members and clients.
- Brew ideas. We prefer strong creative and communications skills, with an emphasis in user experience and functionality. Get ready to brainstorm with the best of them.
- Eat, drink and sleep . . . tech news. This means that you’ll stay current with the latest web trends, insights and emerging technologies, and share and implement those learnings in everyday projects.
- Team player. You know how to work with other team members (across the agency and within the WSL) and partner agencies, and they love you—or at least like you.
Self-starter. You know how to manage your schedule to hit near- and long-term deadlines. You also know how to ask for help when you have too much on your plate or competing project deadlines.
- Hone your craft. Develop and track personal goals that are tied to overall company objectives—and keep your personal growth in mind.
- Manage your day. Oversee applicable day-to-day responsibilities, which may include:
- Daily management of assigned projects, including meetings, presentations, project tracking, task assignment, and hours or billing reports
- Daily collaboration with other WSL team members (strategists, UX designers, and developers) to develop marketing strategies for online experiences of our tech clients
- Daily recording of all time spent on projects through our time tracking system
- Weekly tracking of key project status and overall project health as related to milestones, touchpoints, and budgets
- Participating in weekly team production meetings as well as daily client or internal team meetings
- Support tech account teams in enterprise-level client meetings pertaining to WSL specialty areas and product ownership.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Preferred 2 years related experience in managing technical, web, and/or digital projects
- B.S., B.F.A., or equivalent work experience
- Stellar budgeting, time management, and organization skills
- Experience in tech/SaaS industries is a plus
- Experience in using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Desire/passion to learn more about websites and how users interact with them as well as how they are built and managed