Project Manager (Web)
Web Service Line - This position can be based in Indianapolis, Tampa or be fully remote.
The Web Project Manager focuses on resource planning and allocation. This role is responsible for assigning (or collaborating with others in resource allocation roles) Web Service Line (WSL) specialists (strategists, web project specialists, UX designers, and developers) to projects based on skills, experience, availability, and budget. This role is also responsible for helping WSL leadership forecast future hiring needs based on capacity and production schedules. This role is new for us, so we are looking for someone with experience to bring ideas and recommendations to us.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about our WSL specialty areas (information architecture, user experience, and development) and the products we create (websites, landing pages, apps, and more).
Here's a snapshot (but not all) of your responsibilities:
- Daily collaboration (using online collaboration tools such as Google Hangouts, Slack, and Basecamp) with all WSL specialists, including strategists, web project specialists, UX designers, and developers to understand focus tasks/projects, capacity, and project schedules
- Manage scheduling conflicts and determine resolutions, escalating to the project lead as necessary
- Communicate any scope, budget, or scheduling issues with project timelines and requests to project leads
- Creation and daily management of resource planning and forecasting materials using existing tools (Basecamp, Harvest, TeamGantt, Airtable, Google Sheets) or identify new tool opportunities to solve these challenges
- Collaborate with WSL leadership to provide ongoing analysis to ensure appropriate utilization of team members, as well as discuss staffing and capacity needs by generating weekly, monthly, and quarterly team member efficiency reports
- Review any variance in forecasted to actual productive of assigned resources with WSL leadership and managers as necessary
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Preferred 2 years related experience in managing, designing, or developing technical, web, and/or digital projects
- B.S., B.F.A., or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact, and sometimes have difficult conversations, with a wide range of professionals
- Demonstrates data-driven thinking
- Strong organizational, time management, and logical thinking skills; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in quality assurance, acceptance criteria, or functional testing is a plus
- Experience in using a Content Management System (CMS) is a plus